Tuesday, November 15, 2011

review on afro-asian literature

Afro-Asian literature, from what I've read so far, tackled the core values related to family and culture and successfully etched within the context of each text the prescriptions to a happy life whether told by the characters  or via the lives of the characters themselves. One particular piece of Afro-Asian literature I can cite is "The Man From Kabul" in which the importance of love for the family is exhibited in a cleverly heart-warming way. Also, "The Conceited Coachman" was a very short piece and yet vividly expressed the importance of humility. in a nutshell, I consider Afro-Asian literature to be very inclined to values in context from what I have observed in the stories of The Spider's Thread, The Lion Makers, and the like.

2 comments:

  1. Your article, though short, gives me an impression that you have an inkling to literature. If I'm correct, you are reading with pleasure because you speak intelligently. I like your approach in writing because it has a sense of direction and your points are clearly stated.

    ReplyDelete